Click Frenzy is an Australian sales initiative designed to bring the best deals and exclusive offers from retailers, to centralise them into one online shopping experience. Shoppers can browse through thousands of deals, shortlist their favourites, and once they’re ready to make a purchase they will be linked through to the relevant retailer to complete their purchases. In 2018, Click Frenzy’s website had 1.3 million visits, with over 448,000 people shopping between 6–9pm. The event started in 2015 and was aimed to drive a retail sales spike in an otherwise quiet time of year, covering a wide range of goods from Fashion, Sporting & Outdoor, Toys & Hobbies, Tech and Travel. It is a fantastic opportunity for Australian retailers with an eCommerce presence to boost their revenue as they approach the End of Financial Year. Many shoppers now choose to wait for a bargain and plan their shopping around these sales events. This year (2019), Click Frenzy starts at 7 pm on Tuesday, November 12 and finishes at midnight Wednesday, November 13. To maximise and leverage Click Frenzy this year, here are our top tips:
- Plan–analyse your products by looking at the best performing lines, slow-moving stock or what items sold well at the same time last year. This will help you prepare inventory levels to keep up with demand and how you utilise your promotional efforts in preparation for the day.
- Make your deals exclusive—for the best exposure, make your deals exclusive to Click Frenzy. Interest will be sparked when customers know the offer isn’t available anywhere else. (2)
- Ensure site speed is optimised— Click Frenzy is an eCommerce play, don’t miss out on potential sales due to a poor website experience. Ensure you have the correct codes available, and that landing pages are loading quickly.
- Build anticipation—have pre-event marketing in place and let your customers know that you’re participating in Click Frenzy well in advance. This will hype up the event and get people excited about the deals you have to offer, as well as makes you top of mind when the day rolls around.
- Direct link to deals—don’t make your customers search for the deal they clicked on. Minimise the number of clicks it takes for your customer to place their items into shopping carts.
- Optimise for mobile—according to Click Frenzy, 55% of traffic across the event comes from mobile devices. Ensure your site is optimised for mobile to capture and convert customer visits.
- Take advantage of FOMO—fear of missing out is a key driver of the success of Click Frenzy. Build suspense by including a countdown to your website, and by implementing other time-sensitive strategies.
- Customer service is key—Click Frenzy will drive customers to your site that may not have visited otherwise. Ensure these customers have a great first experience. Make sure you have stock available (based on real-time data), fast delivery and excellent and speedy communication. This will help drive repeat visits from these customers.
- Have variety in images—if consumers see the same image more than once, they will assume it is the same. Vary your images to present a wider range of product and services.
- Make it time-sensitive—24-hour events create a sense of urgency. If buyers believe they have more time to think about a purchase they may abandon it entirely. You want to appeal to bargain-hungry, impulse shoppers, so make your deals so exclusive they’ll have to check-out quickly or risk missing out.
- Be clear—make sure your customer knows exactly what they’re getting. Have clear messaging around the discount/offer, sizing / specs and terms and conditions.
- Maximise ROI–As you acquire more customers during Click Frenzy, ensure you are maximising ROI by attaining these customers for the long-term by applying initiatives which you can introduce throughout the customer journey. Read more about how to build an existing customer growth and loyalty program here.